Monday, September 30, 2013

Fateweaver/ Lord of Change Part II: Fully Painted and Ready!


TJ here with an update on my Fateweaver conversion or the Fly of Destiny or the Fairy (as my wife calls it). This model was a pretty quick conversion for me and a nice way to break back into painting after ten days on the boat. Let's take a look at the finished product.



So since the last time you saw this model, I have added mechandrites with the Tentacle Maker (best tool ever) and made a few extra touches to the robes. From there I primed the sucker red and got started.



The reds, yellows, whites and even the Purple/ Black robes were all painted similar to methods used for my Keeper of Secrets conversion which can be found here and all fits into the theme of my End of Days army.


The model itself is pretty large and offers me no advantage as line of sight will be easy to get, but in combination with my other models, this will be a fantastic addition to the army.


While most of my daemons are not so easy to identify (in terms of what god they represent), I really only plan to run this as Fateweaver, a Lord of Change, a CSM Tzeentch prince with the Mace or .... maybe a C'Tan in my yellow necrons. With that said, I went Tzeentch all the way and I really like the flaming staff and sculpted ball of fire.


I really like how the Plague Drone wings tied into the overall model. I also enjoyed painting them and have some projects in mind for the other sets that I have!


I am looking forward to getting this on the table next to the Tentacle Monster, Minotaur and the Flying Gorilla, along with all the other End Times army entries!


Here is a close up look at the mechandrites which I made with the GSI Tentacle Maker. I added these to tie in with the eye piece to keep the theme of Daemonic-mechanical, which is the hallmark of most of the stuff I have been making lately, which will also tie this guy in not only with the other Daemons, but also with my Necrons (when I ally them to Chaos) and other armies I regularly use.


Overall, I am very happy with this model and look forward to moving on to the other MCs and the gribblies as well, so be on the look out for some sick stuff coming down the pipe.


With that being said, I would love to hear what you think about this model. BTW, the minotaur will be done soon!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice work, that's a really unique conversion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting take, quite refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super sweet! Awesome vision, man. Looks likes something from a G. del Toro movie!

    And "ten days on the boat"? I kinda miss being on the ship. I kinda don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to further contributions, thanks again.Change Parts

    ReplyDelete