Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Perfect Portalglyph Marker for Chaos Daemons from Ironheart Artisans!




When I come across a product that I buy that I think is really good, I like to pass it on in hopes that others find it useful and, of course, the people who make it are encouraged to make more. Today, I will be looking at the 3" Warp Portal from Ironheart Artisans, which just so happens to make a great Portalglyph for my Chaos Daemon allies. First the basics - the portal is available in a ton of different colors and opacity. In my case, I saw a few that were really loud and bright and in red/green, clear and green/purple ... so I asked for an almost transparent Green/Purple and got exactly what I asked for.

The portion that faces up while on the table is textured in a swirling texture with faces in it to make it look like a swirling mist with daemons seething just below the surface ... actually, that is the first thing that drew me to it. That is just way cooler than a small blast template.

The portal itself is exactly the size of a small blast template (which is what the codex calls for in the rules) but don't just take my word for it, let's look at the pics.



The Portal on the right compared to the small blast marker is a perfect fit in terms of size as you can see here.


Here is the portal sitting on top of the small blast template. You can also get a look at some of the faces here too. Now, just to let you know, the less transparent portals make the faces easier to see, but I included a pic from the company's Web site so you can see what I am talking about at the bottom of this post.


Here is a shot of the portal compared to the small blast template so you can see the thickness is about the same as well.


Here is a photo from the Web site so you can see how the texture really looks on the marker.

Overall, I think that if something goes on the table, it should look like it belongs in the battle. I think that a random small blast marker is just lame when you could just drop down a ready-made demonic looking portal for a fair price. With that being said, the 3" Warp Portal is a no-brainer. I bought one and I am extremely happy with it and I would recommend it to any of my friends who are even entertaining taking daemons as allies. Hell, you could even paint it yourself if you really want to.

If you want to grab one of these cool markers yourself, they can be found at Ironheart Artisans. If you want to contact them about ordering the portal or any of their other products, you can contact them here. If you want the most up-to-date info on what they are working on, you can also like them on Facebook.

Comments and feedback are always welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment