Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Best Berserker Conversion yet! The 5th Day of Khornemas!








I have wanted to build this model for a VERY LONG time and I finally got to do it! I have always wanted a khorne berserker that was leaping from/over a wall. I always wanted one with a two-sided chain axe! I also wanted one with a halberd to represent the old school Chaos Book of Khorne weapon and ever since the Forge World zerk bits came out, I have wanted to make all of those things in one model and tonight I pulled it off ... and in less than an hour and a half, not bad.
.
Seriously though, this is where having a blog comes in handy. I started this squad with this silly 8 days of Khornemas idea that I would convert one zerk (no more, no less) each night, taking as much time as I needed and treating everyone like a scratch built character. I have tried every night to sit down and make an interesting zerk and I have learned a lot along the way. I have learned how to pin things whether they be simple joint pins to more sophisticated torso, leg, head combos with the same pin. I have learned how to be patient with the mold line removal process and I have learned how to use a drill with pi-point precision! Bottom line: Expect many a tutorial to be born from this!
.
Anyway, that brings me to tonight's peice of the 8 days of Khornemas ...
.
On the fifth day of Khornemas, the Blood God gave to me ... a flying f*@*ing madman!, four possessed limbs, three severed skulls, two pistold packing and a berserker somewhat leaping!
.
I know, I didn't have a real number five tonight, but I think you guys will forgive me.

2 comments:

  1. Frakin' Awesome! I'm loving the 8 days of Khornemas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That guy is intimidating. Pure Killer!

    ReplyDelete