Sunday, August 18, 2013

Massive Minotaur Daemon Prince Conversion for 40k "The Bull God" Part 1



While I am back in the states and in between pre-deployment training stints, I am trying to build the coolest looking monstrous creature conversion I can with the bits from I have on hand ... luckily, I have some really awesome bits on hand. With that said, I would like to introduce you to the initial build of the next Daemon Prince/ Greater Daemon I am working on - The Minotaur.Let's take a look at my crappy iPhone pics, hahaha ...


I idea here is to make a rushing, gatecrasher effect that also is consistent with the action found in my Gorilla Daemon Prince "Bananas" while having a unique look all in its own.



A looooooong time ago, I bought the Cygor/ Ghorgon kit from Fantasy with the intention of making Angron and I never really got around to it, but it was screaming out my name the other day, so I have re-purposed the original conversion and (basically tore it apart) gave it a make-over.


The Ghrogon makes the base of the torso and the head. I gave it some Necron Wraith faceplates over its eyes which will play into the final look. The chest plate it wears is from the Fantasy Chaos Warshrine and that bit has been begging for use! The arms are from the Helbrute kit from Dark Vengeance (one has had all the digits on its hand reversed) and the legs are from the Maulerfiend. 

I have a lot of work ahead of me, but am happy to take your feedback. Let me know what you think.

15 comments:

  1. I'm in love. Great work! Look forward to more progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also converted an old minotaur for a DP but yours is much more fearsome! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARGH WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME!!!

    so sad... I want to build it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. I am humming along on this project so there should be more updates pretty quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool build. I'll be following the progress on this guy...

    The hellbrute arms are perhaps a wee tiny bit on the small side compared with the head... The mau,erfiend arms would probably work even better - or did you try that already?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff, I didn't try the mailer fiend arms, but I purposely chose the arms I did. They are much too small as they stand alone, but all that extra yellow they are pinned too is where the actual steroids, biceps and triceps will be sculpted in as upper arms, so it will balance up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it´s not about bulk - it´s more that they´re too short - the hands should hang down to the middle of the thigh with the fingers just above the knees in a relaxed pose (on a human of course but it goes for humanoid monsters as well). This guy would can barely reach to scratch his groin...

      It´s a beautiful conversion, don´t get me wrong, and if you like it this way just go with it. It´s just for me it looks a little T-rexy if you know what I mean.

      My five cents...

      Delete
    2. The hands actually would reach down mid thigh (at the finger tips) which is short, but I will own that because these are the arms I want and this is the pose I am going for, but I do agree with you.

      Delete
  7. Dude....just...holy crap. I love the action, the movement, the pose, the use of bits...

    You so make me want to build chaos models sometimes, you now that???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan basically. I always build models with a plan to turn you out, Tim! I figure I am two MCs away from getting you in.

      Delete
  8. That is amazing! My friend Corey recently converted one of these up as his Great Unclean One, its awesome. Good to see some interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sometims ppl just dont get that it is chaos...who cares about short or how it looks...does it fit mutated andu chaotic? does it fit the chaos art and design? yes yes yes ect leave your "it isnt like the statue of "david" bs its god damned chaos daemon lol I for one dig all of it.

    ReplyDelete