Tuesday, April 23, 2013
New 40k FAQ Breakdown!
TJ here with a quick run down of the new 40k FAQs that came out today. I have a quick breakdown below for those who cannot access the FAQs for now, like people at work:
Big Rule Book:
* For the Big Rule Book, I'm not going to talk about changes that are/ should be obvious, so I won't cover all of them. Those of you who have been around for a while know EXACTLY what I mean!
- You can't modify a model's initiative below 1.
- Wounds from blasts can wound models out of line of sight.
- Blind does not effect models without an initiative value.
- You cannot use special rules that move models into or out of reserves, like Grand Illusion, on Flyers.
- Vehicles can't fire Gun Emplacements.
- Allies of convenience can score! Everyone already knew it except for trolls, so there it is!
- Instant Death from Blasts, Large Blasts and Templates don't cause you to remove multiple bases from Swarm Bases.
- Heavy Vehicles are considered stationary the turn they arrive from Reserve.
- Allies of Convenience are effected by things like the Warpstorm Chart and Immotech's lightning.
-Nothing meaningful really happens for you in your FAQ. Sorry, but it's true.
Chaos Space Marines:
-Abbadon no longer becomes a spawn or Daemon Prince! Finally!
-Oblits may not use the same weapons for two consecutive shooting attacks - not sure why this is needed as they cannot overwatch ... maybe I'm missing something.
-A model with the scrolls of Magnus who wasn't already a psyker is now a mastery level 1.
-Spawn and Dark Apotheosis cause the model to lose any Chaos Boon results it has already gained.
-Helbrutes don't lose an additional hull point if they are already immobilised and Fire Frenzy.
-Courage of the Lion effects all leadership rolls except psychic tests. I don't know if it was already like that.
-Stasis Anomaly stacks to a minimum of 1 WS and 1 I.
-Vast Stasis Anomaly is the same but with bigger stats reductions. Both are until the end of the turn.
-The model with a power field generator embarked on a transport only gives THAT vehicle a 4++.
-Azmodai gets a bolt pistol.
-It seems that Ravenwing Command Squads can now purchase two more Black Knights at 40pts each!
-Death Wing count against the number of units you can have in reserve.
-The Banner of Devastation works on Hurricane, Combi and Twin Linked bolters just as we all thought.
-Lelith's close combat attacks ignore armor saves - sorry bro, it doesn't work on your quad gun.
-Reavers' sweep attacks are resolved from where the reavers landed, which is pretty nice for directional damage and needed to be clarified even though the Daemons created precedence.
Death From the Skies:
-There are no Zooming MCs, lol!
-Mind War allows for Look Out Sir and Cover Saves.
-Grand Strategy doesn't work on ICs, Henchmen or Ghost Knights.
-Aegis does not stack.
-The Storm Raven doesn't get First to the Fury from Mordrak.
- A model with a camo cloak gains +1 to cover save instead of Stealth. For some reason, I thought the Lord Camossar had already been FAQ'd out.
- The Valk and Vendetta lost Scout, but I am pretty sure that already happens.
- There is an epic paragraph about Chenkov, Al' Raheim and conscripts taken by Raheim. Basically, only one set of rules will apply and that will be determined by a die roll per BRB Page 4.
- A Monolith can use Dimensional Corridor the turn it arrives by Deep Strike! I am going to be using this trick ASAP! Watch out Chuck, I'm coming for you!
- Obyron can't deep strike without error when Zahn is in his unit.
- Lord of the Storms works on zooming flyers and swooping FMCs. Again, they really like to give us newer and dumber stuff with each FAQ. I never played it like this before.
- Weirdboyz Can't shoot Flyers with the Melta shot.
- Big Bombs on Koptas can be used in the movement or shooting phase.
- Ol' Zog can't re-roll warp charts results for the sake of expending a charge.
-Drop Pods and the squads within count as coming in from reserves and can be hit with Interceptor. I always played it this way and just assumed it was already settled.
-Tau can take Warlord Traits from their book and the Rulebook.
- D-Pods = +1 cover save.
There it is - Some great stuff, some dumb stuff and a lot of just ... stuff. I am happy that there are some clarifications to some things that some people thought were sticky so we can move on. I do wish that Daemons got more questions answered because I really feel like there are WAY more questions than that needing answers.
As always, comments and insights are always appreciated.