Saturday, May 19, 2012

For the Lion, For the Emperor! Old 1st Legion Colors Never Run!



Old School here with another kill point for the challenge! I know this week has been inconsistent, but there has been a ton of real life going on and we are just now starting to settle down. I have been on a mission to finish off my Dark Angels lately and I think I can do it this week and maybe part of next before moving on to finish Hive Fleet Behemoth (oh you didn't think I forgot about them, did you?). Anyway, let's take a look at some terminators!
The more of these termies I see painted, the more I want to paint more. You will see in some upcoming batreps that they look pretty cool on the table top and I rather enjoy having a unique Death Wing army, even if it was a total accident that led me here.


The Sergeant in this group isn't the guy without a helmet, rather the fellow up front with the lion-thunderhammer and the freehanded herald shield. The red and yellow has become a favorite of mine with the black of the termies.



I have enjoyed little freehand moments with these guys as I move through them, including freehand hip plates with checks on them and symbols of the legion on their kneepads here and there.



No Hammernator squad would be complete without a guy rocking a sweet rack of missiles.


The squads are starting to come along quickly and you should be seeing the end of the hammer guys soon and you wil start to see my power fist and heavy flamer guys, along with some dreads and speeders as well ... mayeb even the proper Belial too!


Anyway, I hope everyone keeps up with the kill points. Real life happens to everyone and bloggers are no exception and like us, I know when it rains it pours, but when you get the chance, get those models painted, we want to see them!

7 comments:

  1. Love it man, the squad looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. Any idea when the other Kill Point challenge entries from week 2 will be posted? I'm about to send pics of my week 3 guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the only week two entry I had. Let me go back into the e-mail and make sure though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent in an image of a Leman Russ Demolisher just over a week ago, if that helps?

      Delete
  4. Is that the Sentinel missile launcher or the Land Speeder Storm? Whichever I think the proportions work better than the perhaps the proper Cyclone Missile Launcher. Good work too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and I agree, the standard bunny ear cyclone didn't work for me. I ended up cannibalizing the missile launchers from Sentinels and from Storms. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
    2. It's much better looking than the standard issue cyclone. Good bit of knife work there.

      Delete