Tuesday, May 10, 2011

1850 Tournament Announcement! June 4th at Game Links!

Old School here with a special tournament announcement. Game Links in Fowlerville, MI is holding its first 40k tournament  Saturday June 4th and Dark Future Games is linking up with MI40k to organize the tournament! The format will be


Format:

Tournament begins at 1200 sharp, lists must be turned in to organizers by 1130. Bring a set of templates, a tape measure, your models, a rule book, a codex and a few copies of your list (legible and all wargear listed please).

1850 with a standard force org chart

No Imperial Armor or Apocalypse units - just straight up 40k.

No comp score, you will be judged on straight battle points, but the tournament organizers reserve the right to boot poor sportsmen, so be nice!

Prize Support:

Entry is $10 per person and all door money goes to prize support.

All participants in the event will recieve a 10% discount on all GW models for the day.

The Champion, Runner-up and Third Place participant will recieve 30% off any GW models they purchase with their prize support (the prizes will be in the form of store credit).

We are looking forward to a big turn out, but tables will be limited. You can pre-register or ask any questions through DarkFutureGames@gmail.com.

We are looking to have lots of fun and some good games of 40k. Myself and Cvinton will be the Tournament Organizers with possible help from R3con. Please help get the word out as this is the store's first tourney. More posts will be coming down the pipe concerning missions. For more info on other events at Game Links, check out their Facebook page. Once again, if you have any questions, comments or e-mail are always welcome.

12 comments:

  1. Ooohhh, I have the entire month of June weekends free. I'll see if I can bring a contingent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up! I need to come see the guys, and meet R3con anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IJ look forward to the tournament. It will also be good to meet you again Rhellion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Figures I'm going to St. Louis for the Gateway GT that weekend. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be there, or I'll at least be at the bloated goat across the street drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much time between rounds? Maybe I will be at the Bloated Goat too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awe awe, What happened to me being one of the TO's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just out of curiosity, do the models need to be painted? I'm starting a Ork themed army, but haven't painted everything yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They do not, just WYSIWYG. I didn't notice this commment otherwise I would have answered you sooner. Any other questions send me an email and I'll get back to you from my phone when I get the email. csvinton@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also, we have 22 preregistered so far and about 32-36 available. Send us an email to reserve your spot just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also there was confusion about store hours. we are opening early for this event.

    ReplyDelete