Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chapterhouse Studio releases Tervigon conversion set and is experimenting with spore pod!

Old School here to take a look at Chapterhouse Studio's latest handy-work on their expanding range of tyranid items. We all know from previous posts that while I am a fan of some of their Marine Stuff and a fanboi of their Salamander Chaplain, I am not a fan of their tyranid stuff - at all. This spore pod, however could change all that! I love the way the green look! It amazes me and while a little on the "old School nid" side, it is by far the best rendition of it I have seen so far. They are saying on their website that it may be too expensive to produce and that they are taking a dremel to it right now - I say release it as is, as long as it fits into $30. Maybe I am hoping too much, but don't let this slip through the cracks and become another wierd looking nid attempt - this is gold, guys!

... (I hate when people write "Sigh" in a post, but here it it) ... Sigh and ... yawn. This kit fits on a carnifex kit, which means that you need to have a full carnifex to make this. At $22.50, it isn't that bad when you look at the costs and time and effort of making your own Tervigons, but really? I want to believe that this is a bad photo and there are cooler things going on at other angles, but I won't believe it until I see it. This looks like a carnifex that needs a wonderbra to push up those pancake boobies! It looks boring and plain and I just think with a little bit of effort even a novice modeller on a budget could make a more exiting tervigon out of just the carnifes kit and a termaguant or two - nevermind what he could do with an extra $22.50 in bits.
.
I don't want to bag too hard on Chapterhouse as I really respect quite a few of their items and I have purchased my fair share of stuff from them, but their tyranid stuff really misses the mark for me and the tervigon is even worse for me Awkward Boneswords and extra large Yrgmal heads. If they can cut down the pod as they say they are doing and manage to keep it looking as good as it does, I will buy ... MANY of them though, so let's keep our fingers crossed!
.
Now I turn the post over to you. What do you think of these kits? Ace or bullocks? Have a link to something better, post it! Either way, we are all ears!

2 comments:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree with you on both account. The pod is delicious looking but the Tervigon needs to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately you are right Old School the pod is interesting but the Tervigon looks like it would be a bear to keep on the base.

    ReplyDelete