Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Video Tutorial: Easy way to make Thunderhammers for Dreadnoughts!

Old School here with a quick video tutorial on how to make a Thunder Hammer for your Dreadnought. This is really simple (It is tooooo easy) and if you have the bits on hand, it takes a whopping 5 minutes to make a really excellent looking thunderhammer to act as the Seismic Hammer for your Ironclad Dreadnought or your Libby Furiouso's Force Weapon or to a sprinkle of awesome to your Venerable Dread ... anyway, enjoy the video.

This conversion basically involves cutting the autocannon barrel from a predator turret for the shaft and using a deathwind launcher from the drop pod kit as the head. You can further improve the hammer with the front assault launchers from the ironclad kit to make four rough squares on the business end of the hammers. If anyone wants a photo walk through, I will post it.

As a note, this hammer is being built exclusively for the Super Blog Chain Give-Away Winner Chosen1 at the Team Snake Eyes blog. Check them out, they are on my blog roll on the right column of this blog. Chosen1, if you are watching, let me know what you think of the hammer - you'll have to field it, so ultimately, your the judge!

All comments and feedback welcome and if you need to know how to fit it in the hand, I plan to use a ven dread hand and while I have already build this one, I can show off how it is done quickly with some stuff from my bits box!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely brilliant! That's really good stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing how this project progresses (I realize I have a biased opinion, but it's still cool right?) ;-)

    ReplyDelete