Thursday, June 6, 2013
Fly Molo here again, attempting to bring a little goodness to your day.
That's been a new thing of mine lately. Not so much the being good thing, but attempting to bring that good to as many people as I can. I think that's a noble thing to do and it is something that I want to be able to draw from my entire life as a source of positivity. Alas, this is a Warhammer blog.
It sure is!
The idea: Do good while having fun. How? I want to raise money for a good cause. I want to do this by channeling my obsessiveness over all things Warhammer into the aforementioned good cause. I have to hammer out a lot more details but these are the basics:
1. Decide on an army and army list.
2. Contact local game stores, online groups, gamers-at-large and other online retailers to solicit donations (either money or product) and inform them of my plan.
3. Construct and paint said army to a high standard.
4. Sell raffle tickets to anyone who will buy them.
5. Raffle off the army and other things I solicited from the places listed above.
6. Take all of the money made and donate it to the good cause.
7. Blog about the entire process.
8. Inspire others to do great things.
Any obvious things need to be changed?
They are a non-profit that does amazing work. I figure every dollar I make for them is a dollar that goes to local organic food. Each bite of local organic food is a bite of food that will nourish a local resident. Each dollar will actively fight cancer, obesity and heart disease. That seems like a good cause. In the future, depending the on the level of success, I'll look into other good causes (and I would love to hear your suggestions).
So on to you Warhammer folks, what army should I make? What about an 1850 list? Which one would generate the most interest? Paint schemes? Let me hear it.