Sunday, September 2, 2012

Size Matters: 6th Edition, How Big is Your Game!

Old School here with some thoughts from this weekend's gaming activities.

I went out to play and as anytime I haven't played in a while, it takes a little encouraging. I ran into just the right gamer, who got me into a 1500 point game. Now usually, in 5th, I would step out if a 1850, 1750 and a possible 1000 point team list in mind and normally played 1850.



When 6th came along, I wanted to take advantage of all the new rules and toys, so my games leaned more toward 2000 points with an 1850 back up.

Games seemed to take a while and with all the new rules, there were plenty of interactions that took some ... Research. Even after about 25 games, I was loving the new stuff, but having a hard time getting around the time sink and this odd feeling of boredom. Frankly it scared me a little.

That all being said, I really enjoyed 1500 points. I didn't have room for extra crap. I had to make a list that functioned in one direction together or I knew it wouldn't work. The game was quick but deep enough we both had plenty of laughs too. I really enjoyed it. Now, I'm not saying I'm going to change everything forever, but I am curious to see what people are playing with.

What points level are you playing 6th right now and what level do you find most enjoyable?

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Adepticon practice? That's why it was our only real point level in Michigan.

      Delete
  2. I've always played at 1500 as my main gaming level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not played 6th yet, but cant wait ;) Probably will go for 2k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun and opens up the most options, but understand, it's going to be a page turner.

      Delete
  4. I have only played at 1000 and 1500 points in 6th so far.
    TBH, I'm still trying to memorise the rules to the point where I can play larger games without it taking a whole night...

    ReplyDelete