Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Grotesque Files: Subject #9, the Hunger!


Old School here with another Subject from the labs of the Kabal of the Obsidian Rose! The victim today ... em, Subject is #9, the Hunger. He is the Aberration of the troop of Grotesques I have been making for Wolfson's Dark/ light Eldar army! Let's take a look at him and I will give you a little back story on him as well.


The chopper is based off of the Warhammer Fantasy minotaur body, which is then built up (similar to my other two grotesques with minotaur bodies) by adding the back piece of a crypt fiend onto the back and the green stuffing in into place. He also has the wrist brace of a Talos as his black mask.

While none of the other Grotesques have their mouths displayed in this group, I like to imagine that this one is being pumped with so many stims and has been warped so much by the surgeries, that he is constantly wasting away and the only way he can stay alive and stop the agony - is to constantly devour living flesh!


He is armed withe a rudder vane from a Dark Eldar Raider and is perhaps the most aggressive looking grotesque of the group.


I have had a lot of fun on this project and it has been a nice diversion between projects for my other armies!



I look forward to posting number ten in a couple of days, but until then, let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Using the rudder from a Raider as the axe blade is inspired. Really looking forward to seeing this unit all painted up. Great work on the builds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the model's back and the stimulant vials feeding into the facemask! I wouldn't have used the horns, though, since they make the model look like a Minotaur with a few mutations. I bet the model would look at least twice as disturbing without them ;-)

    That said, the amount of variation in this squad will be astaounding! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that thing as a weapon! I will have to steal that if I make more Chaos Ogryn!

    ReplyDelete