Monday, May 21, 2012

DFG Painting Challenge: Forge World Wraith Seer, Down With Bare Plastic!

SeerK here.  Well given the fervor the painting challenge has stirred up,  I thought I would throw my hat into the ring as well.  I have been on a major hiatus in terms of painting so be gentle as I present my first finished project in quite a while.  My Wraith Seer


My Craftworld Eldar hail from Ulthwe so it seems appropriate to include a Wraith Seer in the army.  I have to say I am really happy with the new GW paints.  The coverage is great, especially the new white base.  I am starting a Squad of Shining Spears and the Bike carapaces are looking nice thanks to the new white.

Pardon the quality of the pictures.  I was forced to use the camera on my phone and the 40K man cave, even with lots of lights, is not the greatest place to take pictures.
I am kinda old school when it comes to painting.  I think it comes from my stint at GW.  SO no air brushes were used.  everything was done by hand.  Granted I am not a great painter, but I am happy how this guy turned out.  I have a little write up over at Craftworld Lansing on the Wraith Seer

So here is my Kill Point for this week.  I am hoping to have the shining Spears done this week.  I also have my 3rd Wraithlord based and in process. 

Until next time.............





Blood Runs, Anger Rises, Death Wakes, War Calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!




3 comments:

  1. Very nice! That's a great looking model, and the dusty black look makes it look suitably ancient. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Its amazing what a simple dry brush can do sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm... I think you mean down with bare resin :)

    ReplyDelete