Monday, October 3, 2011

Ezekiel gets a new look! How I updated my favorite Librarian!


Old School here to present my updated Ezekiel model for my Dark Angels army. He has served me well and has seen combat with both my old Death WIng army and my new one. This model was originally painted a couple of years ago (check the photo directly below this top one). Big difference huh? Anyway, I love this model's pose and menacing look. He is above all my favorite power armoured librarian model. I have several shots of him, so let's take a look.



The old paint job I told you about: what can I say, a really good project is never really done.


I left the blade alone, but went ahead and painted the little squiggle running up it in a few shades of yellow, then painted the grip and pommel in a custom brass color I made for my Ogre Kingdoms army, then highlighted it with Dwarven brass.


The shoulder pad was painted in a lighter shade of green as I have altered what I define as "Dark Angels Green" to something other than the paint pot's version. The symbols was freehanded in using astronomicon grey and then given a layer of skull white highlights to make it look like it had feathers. The pad is way more visible in the shot above this one.


I updated almost every surface of this model and really had fun with it. Big Zeke has been around my collection for a while and I wanted to use exactly the same model, but with a slight upgrade in paint.

Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I think Ezekiel is the best posed librarian model out there! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zek is lookin good. I like the subtle changes. Nice work dude

    ReplyDelete