Saturday, October 15, 2011

Warmachine: Beast 09 by CVinton


I just finished a gift to Vogrin, his beast 09 that he let me borrow for adepticon...and I kept for almost a year.  I'm not a huge fan of the static poses for warmachine and wanted to take the time to re pose him, but I had already had him for so long I think Vogrin would just prefer to get him back sooner than later.  



 I based him with the airbrush, just because white is such a pain to hand paint.


The only thing I don't care for is the axe.  I hate that the axe has that static looking ice drip.  If I spent more time modeling and it was mine, I would have filled it off.  As is, I just painted it stark white and applied powder from Tamiya weathering kit D.  The striping kind of makes it look glassy...ish...  I hated this axe so much I didn't even feel like giving it the justice of a cool effect.  Like putting lipstick on a pig.


For the snow/slush I used Vallejo still water and woodland scenic's snow flock.  Getting some secret weapon snow effect is on my list, I've heard its the most realistic looking snow out there.  I'm willing to risk my eyes/ear/nose/thorat by working with ground glass for realism.  :)


I used APJ's wash for the brass fittings on the back.  I used the Tamiya kit to weather and heat effect the stacks.  

Hope you guys like it, its my second warjack and I'm still un impressed by the models.  I was happy to paint this for a friend but I couldn't be excited about painting a whole force.  

2 comments:

  1. It looks incredible, my friend. I can't wait to use it on the table :)

    Well worth the wait in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard he beats face. Maybe he'll beat more face.

    ReplyDelete