Monday, May 23, 2011

Space Hulk Genestealers Join The Hive!

 Old School reporting in with another entry for the painting challenge; my Space Hulk genestealers! These fellows have been in my collection and even helped my compete at Adepticon's Special Operation Killzone, but they never really were finished, so I hit them with the brush and made them a part of the weekend painting projects. Here are the results:

 For those of you who read the Tyranid Prime entry the other day, you already know the style and scope of work I am going for with the Nids.

 These kind gentlebugs will join my large genestealer squads to help spice up the overall modelling of the total 34 stealers in my list. Maybe, if I ever really learn to appreciate Yrgmals, they could be a good stand in for them, but for now, they join the pack.

My Arachnarok Tervigon is nearly painted - I know I have been procrastinating on the project, but the insane amount pageviews the conversion posts have gathered lately have bolstered my motivation and you shall be viewing it soon enough! Let me know what you think of my Smurf rush so far.

2 comments:

  1. Gentlebugs indeed. That's a really sharp look, and I particularly like the way you have integrated the bases. Well played, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are looking nice. I must get around to basing and painting mine as some point too. I shall probably end up putting the old Macragge 'stealers in with the game and using the Space Hulk models as my main force.

    ReplyDelete