Plastic Broodlord Conversion! Simple and Effective!
Old School here with a quick post about my plastic Broodlord. I really want to try these guys out, but have no desire to pay $20 for a 46 point upgrade model. So I dug into the bigs to figure out how this was going to be done ...
I wanted the model to be about the size of the Space Hulk Broodlord compared to the regular genestealer. Here is a photo of the two next to each other (well, a 3rd edition genestealer, but you get the idea). The result was smaller than a Warrior in stature, but with a much more threatening disposition.
I started the conversion by building the lower body of a warrior (tail and legs), the used my bonesaw to cut the nub off that normally attaches to the warrior torso. I then cut the genestealer torso right above the cratch and the holes where the genestealer legs normally fit in. I pinned both halves together.
From there. I added the Genestealer extended carapaces to make the torso look wider. The I used the warrior rending claws to make the broodlord look like a true S5 monster! The scything talons come from the ravener box and are the mid sized talons that get replaced when you give you raveners rending claws.
I didn't like the length of the warrior tail for the brood lord, so I cut it down and scraped the tail until it had a shape that fit the look of the broodlord. I also added greenstuff to the head to add about 25% more mass to it, so it looked like it belonged on this body.
Overall, I am happy with the conversion and with the knowledge that I can make many more of these on the cheap using spare parts from my bits box and now that I have the look down, I can make much more dynamic poses.
Anyway, I thought I'd share it with you all and see what the blogosphere thought of this simple conversion. Fire Away!