Friday, April 23, 2010

Aftermarket Parts: Paulson Games Blood Talons and Tyranids!

After the quick Chapterhouse Studios update yesterday, an anonymous tipster (literally) gave me this link: http://www.paulsongames.com/page/page/5879537.htm Upon arriving at Paulson Games, I realized that I had bought their products already from Ebay. I already own the bone sword arms for Tyranid Warriors.
.
I didn't even know they had this site, let alone the Blood Talons for dreadnoughts (which is their best work IMHO).

When I first ordered the bone swords, I wish I would have known about the MC ones, because I would have already made Swarmlord and as far as I have seen on the net, these are the best aftermarket boneswords out there.

I actually own a set of these. They look good - no bubbles, a little flash, but that isn't a problem. They are a little small and thin due to the size of the weapon, but the scale to the mini and the proportions are perfect. If you want these, just be careful with them.
.
All in all, though they don't have a huge selection, Paulson Games does have quality looking craft on their side and if you are not opposed to using non-GW parts on your models, I would suggest you give them a look.


9 comments:

  1. It's amazing the number of independant businesses selling accessories for GW products. GW really missed a trick with a lot of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. Thanks for sharing that link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just purchased two sets. I'm stoked.
    One minor annoyance with this webstore though... Its money orders and paypal only. Bah! I spent about 20 minutes fumbling around with the paypal site trying to recover my account and everything. Finally though, I've made my first successful paypal purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! good to see my anonymous tip got referenced!
    just returning to the blog and community. great blog by the way. i frequent here reguarly. especially appreciate the chaos unit tacticas.

    hmm... i'll have to post this anonymously too to save looking like a chump. =P

    keep up the great work team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words Anonymous. I am glad to see that the blog also drove some business their way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Psh you read often eh? Then why not comment on my models anon! HA!

    ahem....

    anyhow these guys are awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's weird Steve, but whenever we post guard, there is silence ... but at the same time we get + 25% views. Your fans are the silent type.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL It seems that way my friend. Hope to see you up at the shop tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. not even close to what i expected to see for Blood talons. I think of like huge dreadnaught lightening claws. These look they were taken out of some gundum anime movie. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete