Saturday, July 25, 2009

Games Day stirs more talk of Chaos Legions!!!

According to BoLS' sources at Games Day Chicago, there is talk of the Chaos Legions book and models in the works. Now. I hate speculation, but I do love to speculate, so I am trying to wrap my head around how a Legions book would work. Would it just deal with the specific legions of undivided CSM or all the traitor Legions including the dedicated ones .... OR .... would it be a replacement for Codex CSM in which we would see the Hero Hammer 40k-type module of Codex Space Marines come to the fore (ie Alpha Legion Special Character allows all CSM to outflank ect.).
.
While that gives us something to chew on thought wise, I would like to explore what would be nice to see for the "Forgotten Legions" of the CSM.
.
First, the Alpha Legion; I would like to see them receive not only an army-wide improvement allowing them an outflanking or infiltrating ability for non-tanks, but I would also like to see them bring in a unit similar to scouts, these could be their cultist-type infiltrators. A more devious way of doing that would have to involve the assasin hidden in the enemy unit trick from Fantasy, but I don't think that would go over well with the masses.
Finally, since there has always been a question of Alpha Legion's allegiance, I think they should be restricted from having Demons.
.
Next, the Iron Warriors, a big favorite in the previous codex due to the heavy firepower they bring to the table. A return of the basilisk would be cool and so would Lords that can equip servo harnesses and maybe troop choices that can rock either two heavy or two special weapons.
.
The Nightlords were never really popular, but I think they could be awesome in a re-vamp with jetpack equiped CSM as troop choices and options for entire bike armies.
.
Finally, the Word Bearers. The easiest ideas for them would be the ability to summon deamons per the Daemons codex, have fanatical cultists and of course have a Dark Apostle (evil Chaplain) HQ choice.
.
Anyway, that is all the speculation and thoughtfulness I have in me for now. I am heading out to possibly play my first game of Planetstrike tonight. Wish me luck and as always feel free to comment with your own ideas for the LEGIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment