Sunday, May 31, 2009

Legion of the Damned box! I am going to make my own based off these classic models!






So, a long time ago, I picked up a box of Legion of the Damned Marines (a REAL long time ago) and they kind of sat on my shelf for a very long time.


I have had every intention of painting them, but never got around to it.


These days I mostly play Chaos and while I am slowly building a Space Marine army, I am building them to showcase my newfound sculpting and modeling abilities, so I am going to make my own Legion of the Damned Marines from a mix of current Space Marine Parts and some GS sculpts I have been working on.

My plan is to use th back torso from plast Space Marine Sprues, then use GS to recreate the fron of the armour (or shave the front torso to bear armour) and then add some ribcage effects, flames, skulls ect. with GS. I will also add those effects throughout the models on their legs (leg bones and flames) and their weapons. I am open to any suggestions, if anyone has done something similar or has some GS sculpting experience, so throw me some comments.


I promise to post up photos of My WIP Legion of the Damned as soon as I get to work on them, but if you would like to make this old box set your own, please follow this link and check them out! http://cgi.ebay.com/Warhammer-40k-Space-Marines-Legion-of-the-Damned-Box_W0QQitemZ160339145011QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2554f53133&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

No comments:

Post a Comment