Saturday, March 16, 2013

Canoptek Deamon Prince

So after an emotional battery from OST I decided to start doing conversions again. I realized that I had become lazy and was just buying kits instead of doing awesome conversions that I'm fully capable of doing. It started with the thunderwolf cavalry and buying a bunch of those instead of finishing my 13th company conversions.


With that said, my adventure into Chraons has offered me the opportunity to once again get some converting done. For the Chraons I want to have a more robotic looking Chaos force for the Necrons to be with, as if Chaos has infected the Necrons. I plan on making two drakes and finishing the prince, after that perhaps doing something with the cultists that have the appearance or feel of pre transference necrtyr. That or just keep them zombies but that's old habits.

For the Canoptek Prince I bashed a mauler fiend, ghost ark and dread knight kits together. I wanted that wraith feel with a little more meat. It definitely has work to do on it still. This was the bare bones to get it on the table for a tournament today.

Once I get him more finished I'll post a follow up. Since the picture I threw demon kit wings on him. My plan is to do some green stuff work and put a little flesh on him so the flesh wings make sense. I toyed with mechanical wings but didnt want to loose the demon side the model needed.

For weapons I left it generic allowing a gun and a close combat. My build runs a black mace and no gun, so the tip of the doomsday cannon works fine enough. Ill add a few more mechanical things to round out the model and make it look more finished, but for today the weapon arms will work out fine.

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Really cool work! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan, you can certainly use conversions and if anything, people love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a Choas/Necron force! I wish the photos were higher rez, though. Looking really good!

    ReplyDelete