Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tower of Skulls Commission: The beginning!








The other day I was playing in the FLGS (Actually, me and Obvious were using our Brangelina list!) when I was approached about modelling a Tower of Skulls for one of the players from our club. He wants to field it in the Gladiator Tourney at Adepticon and wants it done well (close to Reload example, but with artistic liscence).
.
After agonizing about pausing my own Khorne Army project, I agreed to do it! We discussed a few things and I made sure I had a clear idea of what he was looking for. No doubt, this is an intimidating project and I want to get it right and while this is not my first commission, this is my first commissioned Super Heavy Vehicle.
.
... here is where things get interesting. I met my client today at the FLGS and I recieved the Bane Blade from him - which was already put together and I am not sure who glued it, but as you can see from the photos, there is glue everywhere. I took it in stride, rolled up my sleeves and went into my garage to grab my dremel. The first step I took was to remove the top panels where the turret and the demolisher connon fit in. Once that was done and I got the molten plastic glob off my cheek, I went ahead and removed the paneling that was glued to the sides and then relocated the sponsons, I then remodeled the front and added the spikes and plates to officially Chaosify it. Then I used the cage spikes from the corpse cart as the track-guards. From here, I am looking into re-creating the side panels in card and modeling khorne symbols onto them.
.
Once I get the rest of the basilica skull walls I need, I will start the tower and once I get the Armor Cast skull road peice, I will begin the base of the tower with "The skulls of the Unworthy"
.
I am having a little trouble finding a plentiful source of skull walls (not a great supply on Ebay), so if anybody has some, shoot me an Email at DarkFutureGames@gmail.com and we can work something out.
.
Keep your eyes peeled for updates on this bad-boy and Keep your eyes open for updates from my Scorpion Defiler (bottom Photo), I have almost finished painting it!
.
Feedback and advise from those who have built the tower is super-appreciated right now, so shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment