Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Amazing Conversions and LEDs from Warforge!








I regularly explore various sites and forums to find inspiration for conversions and to find ideas that I otherwise would have never thought of and methods for converting and painting that never would have occured to me. Many of the conversions I have done, both big and small have come from various ideas I have seen. In this way, the folks who post WIPs, tutorials and guides have contributed more to this hobby than any of them will probably ever know.
.
Sometimes in my searches, I find something that truly blows my mind and I feel that I should share it to help other find those things that may serve as an inspiration. Yesterday, I was bored and started clicking on a few of the link that I post in the right hand column of my blog. Often, I take these sites for granted and barely explore them. Take for instance, The Warforge. I originally found it many months ago when there was a lot less going on there (or at least on their site) and I had never gone back to it. Little did I know, I was missing some of the most mind-blowing work I have seen in a very long time.
.
The first page I opened was the Ork Projects page and what I saw there nearly made me crap my pants ... several times. The Warforge not only is responsible for creating some AMAZING conversions and scratchbuilds, but they also tend to provide photos and explanations from every step of the modelling process.
.
These photos posted above are only the tip of the iceberg and I suggest you take a look for yourself. I now plan to explore using plasticard in extensive conversions that I once thought were next to impossible ... and I may even dabble in the LED work displayed there as well..
.
Below I have posted a few links to their various project sections. If you like what you see dig deeper, you may just find inspiration for your next big idea.
.
.
.
.
A tutorial on pressure casting: http://www.the-warforge.com/pressurecasting
.
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment