Tuesday, November 13, 2012

CVinton's 13th Company Rune Priest WIP



 
CVinton with a quick WIP of the latest addition to the 13th Company.  I've read through Properso Burns twice now and need to make something more in line with the Rune Priest seen there.  So, that leads to this.

This project started out with a Great Bray-Shaman.  I liked the pose and the shamanistic look for the base of the body.  Also the horns and turned back legs suggest a great deal of warp influence.  My 15$ gift card from Foodhammer (raised 1230$ for local food banks, btw! Nicely done Freshcoast40k!!) fueled this impulse conversion.  


First things I did was Dremel out the face and put in a more human face.  In this case a very shaved down wolf scout head.  After trimming his chops and narrowing the upper section I was able to push the head in to a satisfactory position.  



Then slathered him with GS work.  I liked everything except the hair on top coming out of the hood.  After I took these pictures I soon shaved most of that off.  Not much work on the project but I'll keep updating readers with this as it goes.  So far, as with both my priests, the locals say 'But he's not wearing power armor.'  Meh.  I'm ok with its and just to make the haters happy I through a power armor pack on him.    


(I pictured this guy while making it)




If anyone has anything they'd like to see or suggestions to make it more shaman-wolf priest-rune priest like, let me know.  I really don't have much in terms of plans for the conversion and after another round of green stuff fur, I'm ready to paint him.  Let me know what you guys think!


10 comments:

  1. Looks nice. I really like the backpack add. Hard to see the green stuff work on the front, my only suggestion is the same as what I said when you were considering purchasing it. Give the guy some boots instead of hooves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks really nice, I like the bakc pack too.

    Here is my version of a wolf shaman I did for fantasy
    http://badabwarincambridge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/10001-projects-wolf-shaman.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That priest looks awesome! I have the model and hes next in line for a little work though I was just going to leave him as is. I like what you did with yours though. Very nice.

      Delete
  3. Freakin' sweet! The only thing I would say to make him more marine-like is trying to throw some shoulderpads on him, but with the cloak there that's a no-go. So i say paint that brotha! Screw the neh-sayers, the models exist to strike our imagination and stand-in for fantasy heroes -- so what if he isn't depicted as wearing power armor??? Just marvel in his glory and play the darn game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i guess I should have said "nay-sayers"... meh.

      Delete
    2. Here here, brother!

      I tried shoulder pads and they would have take a lot to make it work. If anything I could maybe fit scout shoulders but I just gave up after trying to use standard pads.

      Delete
  4. That is really awesome, great job! But I beg you to remove the hooves, or he'll look like a donkey man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sadly I'm not good enough to scuplt tiny feet or something like that. I like the hooves though, its the touch of chaos and coruption of the warp. Thats the number one complaint aside from the no power armor.

      Delete
  5. Due to his transformation in the warp, he no longer can wear his power armour and has instead protected himself with powerful runes that generates a force field around himself :) there goes the reason for no power armour :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why the hobby is so great, you don't need power armor or boots, just build and paint something that strikes your fancy. My only complaint is that the pictures are so small! Looking forward to the painted version.

    ReplyDelete