Thursday, June 7, 2012

CVinton's Week 6 KP; Converted Triarch Stalker


For week 6 I present the center piece of the army.  This stalker is a kit bash of the back half of a Ghost Ark and the legs from a Triarch Stalker.  When I first started the army I bought three ghost arks and quickly realized they...how do I put this...didn't fit my play style.  So they got the chop, literally.  



I really pushed the source lighting on this.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and might still do some little detail work, but for now it fits into the army but doesn't overshadow it.  It's detailed more than the rest of my units, but if I went too crazy on the paint it would stand out too much from the rest of the much more simple paint jobs of the rest of the army.  










I'm really happy with how the cock pit and pilot turned out with the lighting.  A very eerie glow.  


As an added bonus, here is a KP of 10 scarabs.  I didn't feel like they deserved their own post, but they were fun to paint and turned out nice.  The Necron continue to rise!  Keep an eye out for next week when I start breaking out flying saucers en mass.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, and a cracking conversion - cool stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man your cranking em out great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work but where are the NIGHT SCYTHES!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently in negotiations with dice head about the scythes. Maybe they'll come next week despite having preordered them....

      Delete
  4. Pink is the new silver! Excellent work, sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink is the most brutal color every.

      Delete
  5. is that pink? or is it a mechrite red look-a-like... can be difficult to tell if you've made some lighting changes to teh pic for posting.

    Love the source lighting though - Achieved using a spray gun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink is actually from reaper master series new line of high density pigments. Entrail Pink. They're great paints and I do recommend them.

      The pictures were not edited in any way. The source lighting was done with the airbrush using temple blue, ice blue and white. I picked up a badger krome and it's been putting in a lot of work for me on the crons.

      Delete